Sanjwat luxurious vacation villa is situated near the Bhimtal lake & about 45 minutes’ drive from Nainital. The palatial villa was built by Naval Commander Jagmohan Sood (recipient of the prestigious Ati Vishisht Sewa medal) who served during the times of the British navy & his wife Kusum Jagmohan Sood & then subsequently renovated and redecorated in 2019. Our estate is surrounded by mountain views on three sides, is tucked away in an unfrequented valley and yet walkable distance from the Bhimtal Lake and a short drive to Naukuchiatal.
This tastefully furnished 5-bedroom villa spread over half an acre makes for a beautiful getaway spot in the hills. Its indoor spaces invite natural light, keeping the vibe fresh and happy. There are multiple sit outs inside the bun glow and you could choose to read a book at the library, play a board game with your friends and family or listen to music on “Saregama Caravaan” while you sip scotch or have Masala tea.
The outdoor spaces comprise of a large private orchard with exotic flowers, fresh fruits and vegetables, a welcoming foyer with a swing, bird feeding station, a bar-be-cue table & a gazebo with cushioned seating where you could play cards or Antakshari or just listen to the birds chirping in the background.
The interiors of the villa have been done by professional furnishing experts & are sure to please the discerning travellers. Spacious rooms, wooden flooring, hotel-style large beds, heaters, geysers, air- conditioned rooms, 100% power back-ups, are just a few of the many features that have thoughtfully been made available to keep everyone comfortable.
Bhimtal’s weather is temperate and the place can be visited all year. Some things to do nearby include Paragliding, trekking, boating, zorbing, zip-lining, nature walks etc.
- There are 5 bedrooms – 2 on the ground floor, 2 on the first floor and 1 in the garden Backyard.
- 1 room on each floor is a suite styled room with additional sit-out areas and has an LED TV.
- Rooms on the first floor have the latest air conditioners (hot & cold).
- All rooms have attached bathrooms, wardrobes etc.
- Each room has a king-sized bed and an additional floor mattress.
- There are 5 attached bathrooms. There is an additional powder room in the living area
- Geysers, towels and basic toiletries are provided in all the bathrooms.
- The living room seats up to 15 people and a dining table that seats 6.
- There is a library with a diverse collection of 200 books to choose from.
- There is a gazebo with seating for up to 10 people and a table in the middle.
- There is a foyer that seats 6-8 people and has a swing that seats 2.
- There are 2 carpeted balconies with beautiful mountain views. The bigger balcony seats 12 people while the smaller balcony seats 6 people
- The suite room on the ground floor has an attached sit out which can seat 12 people
- There is a bird feeding station near the swing.
- There is a state-of-the-art BBQ table in the garden which is available at a nominal cost – Guests will have to arrange the required raw / marinated material.
- Indoor board games are available.
KITCHEN & MEALS:
- We offer a solar powered kitchen which overlooks the garden.
- The kitchen is equipped with 2 refrigerators, microwave, oven, gas stove, toaster and water purifier.
- Crockery and cutlery are available for up to 15 people.
- The caretaker shall cook for the guests at an additional cost. The price is not inclusive of the groceries
- Barbecue/Bonfire services can be availed for an extra cost
- 100% Power Back (latest DG)
- Wifi Hotspot
- Hairdryer, iron
- Medical kit, mosquito repellent
- Music system, board games
- Mini TT Table
- Badminton Rackets
- Cricket Bat, Ball, Wickets
- Mini Pool Table
- Library Books
- Driver/Assistance Staff accommodation is available on request at additional cost
- Secured parking space for 3-4 cars is available.
- Feels personal, private, exclusive, amidst a lovely fruit, flowers & vegetables orchard.
- Dedicated Home-Cook & Home-Keeper
- BYOB (all bar essentials available)
Nearby Places to see
- Kainchidham Temple
Things to do
- Paragliding, trekking, boating, zorbing, zip-lining
- Bee Farm
- Sound based healing retreat : https://heal.farm/
- Sky observatory : https://starscapes.zone/observatory-bhimtal/
- Local cuisine
- Birdwatching with guides
- Great places to eat out