Bhimtal, a picturesque hill station in Uttarakhand, is blessed with natural beauty and the tranquil Bhimtal Lake, making it a popular tourist destination. Boating on the serene waters of Bhimtal Lake is one of the most enjoyable and cherished activities for visitors of all ages. In this guide, we will provide specifics about boating options, timings, and prices at Bhimtal Lake.
Boating Options in Bhimtal
Bhimtal Lake offers various boating options to suit different preferences and group sizes. Tourists can choose from the following types of boats:
- Pedal Boats: Pedal boating is a popular choice for families and groups, especially those with children. These boats are equipped with pedals that allow visitors to control the movement of the boat themselves. Pedal boating offers a leisurely and interactive way to explore the beauty of the lake.
- Rowing Boats: Rowing boats are another classic option available at Bhimtal Lake. These boats are propelled by oars and are perfect for those seeking a relaxed boating experience. Rowing boats provide a peaceful ride, allowing visitors to absorb the tranquil surroundings.
- Shikaras: Shikaras are traditional wooden boats adorned with colorful canopies. They offer a more luxurious and laid-back boating experience. Shikara rides are often preferred by couples and those seeking a romantic boat ride amidst the picturesque landscape.
Boating Timings in Bhimtal Lake
The boating activities at Bhimtal Lake are generally available throughout the day, starting in the early morning and continuing until late afternoon or early evening. However, it’s essential to note that the boating timings may vary depending on weather conditions and local regulations. It is recommended to confirm the timings with the boating operators or the local authorities before planning your visit.
Boating Prices in Bhimtal
The prices for boating at Bhimtal Lake are reasonable, and they may vary based on the type of boat and the duration of the ride. Here are the approximate prices for boating in Bhimtal:
- Pedal Boats: The cost of renting a pedal boat ranges from INR 150 to INR 250 per person, depending on the duration of the ride.
- Rowing Boats: Rowing boats were available at a slightly higher cost, with prices ranging from INR 200 to INR 300 per person for a specific duration.
- Shikaras: Shikara rides were comparatively more expensive, with prices starting at around INR 300 to INR 500 per person for a delightful experience.
Please note that the prices mentioned above are subject to change, and it’s advisable to verify the current rates with the boating operators or the concerned authorities before your visit.
Conclusion: Boating at Bhimtal Lake offers an unforgettable experience, providing visitors with an opportunity to immerse themselves in the pristine beauty of nature. Whether you choose a pedal boat, rowing boat, or a luxurious Shikara, the calm waters of Bhimtal Lake promise to create lasting memories. Enjoy the serene boat ride, relish the stunning views, and embrace the tranquility of Bhimtal’s enchanting surroundings.